Friday, March 14, 2008

oh devil

Last night I was eating dinner with the rents, and that lady from work called my phone. I had left a message on her phone that said in a really nice round about way that I didnt' want to go on the date anymore. So she called back and left me a message, (kind of angry dissapointing sounding..) " Hey annie, No, I think you should still go. He knows about your situation and is o-k with it. (Cool.. guess she must have talked to him about that too without telling me... ? ) "Anyways, it's kind of too late to cancel now. You are supposed to get all your snow stuff ready tonight and then you guys are going out to dinner then for some drinks. I'm at work right now but I get done at 9:30. Call me back then. "

WHAT!? What do you mean it's too late to cancel!? I have never even met him! It's a day before. Did he like reserve some place outside that we are going to walk on in our snowclothes on. Maybe he reserved a hill that we would sled on and it cost 20 dollars to reserve, and now that i'm not goign he can't get his money back. This is ridiculous. I told my parents and they were like... mmmm.... he's crazy. She is also crazy for not understanding that you don't want to go. They kept telling me that I dont' owe her an explanation.. and I shouldnt' have to call her back and say AGAIN that I don't want to go. I am really afraid she's going to be pissed at me. Oh devil. I also work most every day with this lady (she works evening shifts.) so now it's just going to awkward as all hell at work. . pbbbbbbb.
Really excited for Monday now. I haven't looked at my phone all day. There are probably 7 different messages on there... really angry evil messages that I am not meeting her brother in law who is 30-something that I don't know and who has never made an effort to call my phone to actually talk to me. I don't know what his deal is... he wrote a bunch of messages on myspace a couple months ago... then there was nothing. I feel the urge to go check my phone... but a stronger urge to flush my phone down the toilet. oh botha.

2 comments:

Prunella Wayles said...

oh no. i am very stressed out by this situation. that woman is clearly crazy. you can't go on the date. can't. can't can't. it is too crazy. what if he tries to turn you into a snowman? or, better yet, has a snowsuit fetish? don't go. we aren't even real friends yet and it can't happen if you disappear. don't go.

Prunella Wayles said...

tell him your puppy swallowed a paperclip and you are scared it is going to cut open its digestional tract and have to bring it to the vet. or wait until it passes the paper clip. i used it for work last week and the kitten...well, i thought about using it. i chickened out...