Monday, March 17, 2008

I am an evil person

To make a long story short, I never ended up going on that date. I never called that lady back, partly because I didn't get her message until 9:45... and she told me to call her at 9:30. What if she went to sleep in those 15 minutes? I guess also because I didn't want to call her back.. but whatever. So all I really knew at this point was that sometime between 5 and 8pm the next day this kid wanted to meet me somewhere and hang out in snowpants. I kind of figured that there would be 10 calls from Marnie the next day and that I would never be able to get out of it. I also thought that he would end up calling my phone at least once to tell me what the devil was going on. So I just went to bed.
Next day: Woke up. Hung out with the dog. Ran some errands with my mom. I checked my phone at 5.. even though I really, really, ridiculously didn't want to. But there was not message. Then I thought... maybe Marnie told him I was having second thoughts about going and he called it off. So I got really excited and just left my phone sitting in the living room on silent. (Where it had been all day.. and usually is on most days.) I went to go call the Air Force lady at 7:30 because she had emailed me that day and had a few questions she needed answered. So I go to the phone... 4 missed calls. Please be from Teresa. Please God... No. None of them were. MArnie's number and then a call from a Random number. So I started off the messages. This was the first one.
Friday March 14th at 5:05 pm: " Umm... Hey Annie.. This is Jason, you know, Marnie's brother-in-law. I'm just letting you know that I'm in the black car outside of kohl's. Okay. Bye"

Cool.. I'm just letting you know that I'm in the maroon car parked in my driveway. Okay. Bye!
That's the message I should have left him. Instead I felt a huge surge of guilt. Oh shit. Was I supposed to meet him at Kohls? (In my snowsuit?) Talk about a weird meeting place (and outfit.) At that point in time I thought it would be funny if I also called him back and told him to meet me at caribou at 7:30, and make sure he wears his spandex pants... because I've got a lot planned.
The next message/s were all from Marnie.
"Annie.. where are you? Jason is waiting for you."

"Annie.. I don't remember if I told you or not, you're supposed to meet him at kohl's.. 20 minutes ago."

"Hey annie, I don't know where you are, but as soon as you get this call me back,"

It's sad, but also funny to imagine him waiting in the car calling Marnie over and over again. 'Nope she's not here... call her again and make her come.'
I imagine him sittign in the car listening to ace of base twiddling his thumbs. MAybe not ace of base, they're too good. Probably something crappy like papa roach. That fits him much better. Especially in the parking lot of kohls.
The other funny thing about his, (at least I think it's funny, because I'm a jerk,) is that his voice is much higher than expected. I do not picture someone in a mills fleet farm hat with a serious face talking like an 11 year old. BUt hey, to each his own.

So anywho, I called marnie back and told her that I was sorry and must had misunderstood her messages. I didn't know there was an exact plan. All I knew is that I was to wear a snowsuit, (Which by the way, I don't even have.) I also thought that he would call, or she would call before hand to make sure I knew what was going on. (Because nobody ever told me face to face as the what the hizell was happening... only through messages.)
Then I called back Papa Roach. Message machine. Thank God. I told him I was sorry that I didn't meet him because I had no idea that I was even supposed to. I had the general idea of 'sometime that day.. maybe... possibly..' I did tell him, however, that I knew I was supposed to wear snowpants. So I apologize if he was waiting outside of Kohls for 20 minutes.
Then I had the phone ON for the next 45 minutes but neither of them called back so I went to take the dogs for a walk and got home around 9:30/10. Then there were mesasges from both.
MArnies just said that I should call him back and just tell him what happened and he'd be 'cool with it.' Okay, Check. did that.

Then it was his message. Which was this:

:HEy-ya, This is Jason- You know, whatever. Shit happens. I told MArnie to tell you to meet me here at 5:00... but yeah- I guess there was a miscommunication. So yeah, you know, shit happens. Just give me a call back when you get this and we can figure something else out. '

To say the least, I did not give him a call back when I got it. Shit happens. Why didn't he himself just call and say, 'HI. THIS IS JASON. MEET ME AT KOHLS AT 5. '
I guess that's impossible. Obviously he had my number if he called after 5:00 to tell me he was at kohls waiting for me. Oh well. I guess God just had to make some idiots, that way we could all feel better about ourselves.

I hope MArnie isn't working today. Even though I know she is. MAybe she decided to quit her job and become a stay at home mom. Or a secretary for Jason, being she was already doing that.
I guess from now until the time I join the airforce I will be picking up every weekend to work , or make plans months in advance as to what I'm doing on every weekend. Good plan. Awesome. See everybody later. Probably a lot later.

No comments: