Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Weird day

Today pretty much was weird. actually, the last 3 h ours of today and yesterday. I worked in the Grace unit at work, aka the psych unit. So boring. I figured out why people like psych nursing. you don't have to do s to the hit. They say all these things like, 'it's crazy busy up here.' Then I take a look around at the relaxed environment. I have come to a conclusion. Every nurse that takes 3o times longer to do something works on the psych unit. Only one nurse gives meds up there. that's her only job. the rest of them just go talk to their 3 patients, sometime throughout the day, chart on them, and take turns doing checks. Which is checking a box as to what each person is doing and then initialing it. that's it. Super busy..... I can see why they get stressed out..... especially because there is only 8 hours to get all of that in. that only leaves them about 2 hours to talk to someone for 5 minutes and write a note about it. It can get pretty ugly. Pretty sure if I had to work up there I'd be one with the afternoon shift at 4:30. Anyways, All I did at work today was check off a huge list of where people were for 4 hours. Then I watched indiana jones. the last one, and or the best one, where he drinks out of that chalice thing. Real good.
I think the time on this blog is a couple hours off, because it's really about 2:45am, but I bet it will post like 10pm. As it turns out, i just spent the last 3.5 hours in the car. I was trying to get from brainerd to duluth... then all of a sudden this sign appeared and was like, 'Grand Rapids.' Grand rapids? what the devil? Good joke sign. REally funny. But then it turned out the sign was right and I really was in grand rapids. I don't know where I went wrong. I swear I was on 210.. but somehow that turned into a different highway. I kept thinking, when am I going to get to cromwell? I should be here by now.. then I knew why. After a good long swear, I stopped into walmart in Grand rapids around 1am to buy some oil for ayesha, (my car, and no she is not black, she's maroon.) There are a whole lot of weird people at walmart. There were 3 cars with all of the windows open playing frank sinatra. Two really old ladies were sleeping in the front of this huge truck filled with crap. Well.. maybe one was a man.. I really couldn't tell. I hope they really were sleeping, and not dead. (Not like that hasn't happened before.) Really though. when I was about 12 I was rollerblading and I thought I saw two kids behind a tree in a park making out. Pretty sure I thought to myself, eew, gross. Get a room. Then it just turned out to be a guy who was shot in the head. Thank god I was wrong. Just kidding. did that even make any sense? I'm tired. Anyway, about 2 minutes after I got there someone else called the cops. the guy committed suicide I think.
Anyways, back to walmart, I was walking around trying to find this oil when I slipped in something. I looked down thinking that someone was probably cleaning the floor and slipped on the mopped stuff. no. It was urine. That's the second time I have slipped on someone's urine in walmart. At least this time I was wearing closed toed shoes and not flip flops.
So I was in the bathroom rinsing off my shoe and these two girls walked in. They went into the stalls and were talking about some guys they had sex with.. or something. Maybe I misunderstood, but I think I was right. Then I was thinking about if they had std's. What if one of then had peed on the floor and the pee on my shoe was filled with hepatitis C. Or one of the toilet seats they sat on had chlammydia all over it. Can you get std's from toilet seats? Isn't one of the std's a spore.. wait. maybe not a spore. I think that's what plants are. I can't think right now, my point is, can't the std's live on a surface for some amount of time? And, if they can... is it safe to pee anywhere without hovering above the seat?
My sister said hepatitis is a really strong virus. Like, you could stick a needle in someone with hepatitis in 1964 and then burn down the house the needle was in, and then if you could find the needle and accidentally get some of the old blood on you you'd be infected. Or something like that. Don't shake your head like you're doubting me. I didnt' say this stuff, my sister did, and she's a doctor, which means she's smart. My point is, hepatitis is spread by bodily fluids. what if someone with hepatitis C had a cut on their hand, and opened the door to something or touched a shelf. and a microscopic amount of their blood got on something, then you touched it, and then wiped your eye. would you then be infected? Or one of your friends dared you to drink out of a random can of coke on the sidewalk for 20 dollars, and you were really poor, so you did it. What if that person had hepatitis? not that anyone would do that.. but I heard of someone who did.
Another question. What about swimming in swimming pools. What happens if a strain of some virus gets resistant to chlorine. Like instead of MRSA, methcillin resistant staphaureous. I know I didn't spell that right. Relax. Instead of that, what if it was chlorine resistant ghonnorea? It would be like swimming in a pool of death.
Well, it's a little after three, and I think I'm going to go to bed. I don't think I said anything important in this blog.. Not that I ever do. But someone needs to answer these amazing questions.

2 comments:

turs said...

I swam in a pool of death once. I survived.

gastricbypassisthewayforme said...

i wish my school books were as interesting as your blog. you should write a biology book.