Friday, October 5, 2007

Little Angies

The past couple days that I had off I went to Duluth to see Julia aka, little, aka Sarah/Mike's kid, and also visit some friends I haven't seen in months. It was an all around good time. I went out to Little Angies, a mexican grill/bar place with a couple of friends. We met there around 9:30 and everything was going fine, until about 10:00. That's when two older men wearing suit coats and ties and stuff walked past our table. As it turned out, they were two investment bankers from new york. We found that out after they came to our table and bought us drinks. It's cool. They were 50. One of them was especially creepy and had red hair, ( red hair kind of creeps me out.. ) anyways, he kept making me feel his bicep. Really ... great...... It was fine the first couple of times but he just kept putting it out there. "Yeah.. feel this! " He kept asking me to arm wrestle him. I mean look, 50+ year old new york investment banker, you're obviously going to beat me in this arm wrestle, so lets just save ourselves the trouble, and NOt do this. But he really needed to arm wrestle I guess, so I arm wrestled him. And lost. Weird. I should have been like, 'what's up homey!? lets have a sit up contest, or a sit and reach contest, I 'll kick your ass!' But I didn't. If that wasn't enough he got off on this tangent about how he thinks his daughter (who is my age..) is a lesbian. He doesn't know for sure if she's a lesbian, but she's going to an all girls school.. (So i guess in his mind, she Must be a lesbian.) The best thing he said all night was probably this, "I mean I guess it's kind of like a compliment to me. She sees how great and successful I am, and I like girls, and I think she wants to be like me, and like girl's too." Yes. That's usually why people are lesbians. They want to be like their dad, and like girls. So true.
A bunch of other stuff happened, but I can't type it out because it hurts too much to type. It even hurts to move my eyes around. I got this virus from julia that basically makes you feel like you got beat up by a bunch of gangsters with bats, and run over by a truck, with a soar throat and some breathing troubles and a temp of 103.
I went to Target to get some more tylenol, because I can't stop sweating. Then all my hair sticks to my face because I'm sweaty. So I put this ridiculous looking polka dotted scarf thing on my head. I guess when people saw me they probably thought to themselves, 'mmm... I guess she's going for the cancer patient look today.' Anyways, on my way to target I realized that i really, really needed gas. So I stopped in to the holiday on the way. I was pulling in to one of the gas thingies, when this guy in a truck with a motorhome attatched gave me this look like, 'I was going to go to that gas pump.' I thought I'd be nice and move my car to a different pump, but I guess I wasn't watching very closely ( I take that back, not watching at all because it hurt to turn my head) the point is, I ran into the metal thing on the end of the pump. Not the actual pump itself, but those pointless metal things that look like horseshoes coming out of the cement block. yeah. woops. Definitely wrecked the side of my car, but it's okay, because it was the side that already had a bunch of dents on the back and rust and holes. Now the plastic thing that was on the door is now gone. Oh well. I'm over it.
Getting into minor car accidents like that always makes me think of getting into major ones. I don't really think about dying in a car accident, or the damage that would be done, I always think about the visit to the ER. Not even getting treated in the ER, just the fact that you'd be pretty out of it and they would have to undress you when you got in. What if you decided not to wear underwear that day? Or the ugliest pair of underwear that you own? Or that you hadn't shaved in 3 weeks. Or washed your hair in two days? You know you'd get made fun of while you were unconscious. So if nothing else, my new motivation to look nice is : -just incase I get into a horrible car accident, I will be showered within the past 48 hours, have clean clothes on, cute underwear on, and will have shaved within the past week.
Wow, looking back at that it really makes me sound like a disgusting person. Those requirements are pretty do-able, and I actually have to strive to make them happen. Well, I think I'm going to go watch a movie and eat some more tylenol now. good stuff.

2 comments:

Michael said...

mmmmm....tylenol....always makes my day.

ellen said...

i wish my life was as exciting as yours. the most interesting thing that happened to me today was that i realized i apparently didnt save my notes from mondays history lecture...sweet