Saturday, October 13, 2007

lazy

Sorry about not writing on this blog for a while. I've just been too lazy to sign on to the internet. Which is pathetic. I look at the laptop on the floor and just think.. do I really want to open you up? and then have to click on the internet and move the mouse around? mmmm... not really. Rather save my energy for sleeping. Which I have been doing quite a lot of the last couple days. I don't know if I'm still sick.. but I will go to bed at about 1am after work, then wake up at like 4 am and 7am ish to get some water or pee or whatever, then the next time I wake up is about 11:30-1:00. I know. Unreal. Literally all I do is work and sleep, which wouldn't be the case if I didnt' sleep for 12 hours. haha. Today at work my eyes were all red and everyone thought I was having an allergic reaction to something I ate. Nope. Just tired! Only got 9 hours of sleep last night instead of my usual 11. Pathetic? Yes. Yes it is. I think i'm going to start setting my alarm clock for 10:30. That'll be good. You all probably think it's pathetic that I have to set my alarm for 10:30. Tha's fine. But really... if you switch the hours around... that's like going to bed at 10 and waking up at 7:30? Yeah.. nevermind. That's still a lot of sleeping.
Nothing really interesting happening here. I think it's getting to the point where nothing surprises me anymore. I could probably walk into a patients room and find shit all over the floor and see them drinking out of the toiilet and just be like, 'so, when did the loose stools start?' and just start listening to their lungs. This one guy who's 90-something won't get out of bed and only lets me turn him slightly onto either side. His urinal has to constantly be in place, and he uses a whole kleenex blox to blot his pee all day long. I'll go into check his urinal every 2 hours or so and turn him and when I empty the urinal there is literally one hundred kleenex in there and a little dribble of pee at the bottom. One of my co-workers was like, 'make sure you wring out the kleenex's so you can get an accurate out put! ' haha. funny. roxanne. although it was. He also likes to have his entire body slathered with vicks vapo -rub before he goes to bed. not kidding. It's hilarious. He always complains that I have to turn him on his side and I told him today we have to turn him so he doesn't get bed sores. Then I added in, 'because I don't think vick's can help those.' and he just looks me straight in the eye and sais, 'helll yes it will.' I think he was confused. mostly because he's confused every 20 minutes. I'll walk in and he will say something like, 'what the hell is happening? Why did this room change? There used to be bricks on these walls and cement floors. What in gods name have you done? ? ' Then you reorient him and 20 minutes later. ' Are we at the hotel?' Real good times. I just empty his kleenex urine and turn him and re-orient him. Alll in all, it's a good time. Wow. I think I just smelled my feet. They smell real bad. Reeeaal bad.
Which reminds me of another funny thing. I went running the other night after work because I had a lot of energy for some reason, then I got back and was too lazy to shower, so I slept on the couch. I woke up in the middle of the night and was like, damn, I shouldn't have left the window open, there must be a skunk outside. Actually turns out my arm was up and I was just smelling my own armpit. then i laughed for a long time , you know, to myself. Pretty cool.
Today at work roxanne asked me what I do in my free time. Well roxanne, that's a very good question. ... .. I pretty much exercise. and sleep. Sometimes I don't have time for exercising because I sleep too long. lol. Wow. My life is pathetic. then she asked me what I do for exercise. Oh you know, pretty much everything imaginable. Run, walk, rollerblade, bike, ski, swim. Oh, well, I do also have a jump-rope and an exercise ball and some resistance bands. I just bought the billy blanks tae-bo/kickboxing series of dvd's. All 6 of them. Great stuff. I also have this really weird Pilates collection from the dollar store. But it's pilates for the 'very advanced' so It's mostly things like lay on your shoulders and stick your legs straight up into the air, then move your arms and legs around in these certain ways without falling over. In basis, I basically end up doing a whole bunch of backwards somersaults. Oh yes, i also like to read books about health, and other nerdy type things like pathophysiology or finance/history. You know. That just about covers it. Wait, wait. I have a fish. One fish. The bottom feeder is still alive in my tank.
Speaking of, I better get going to I can do some stuff. I keep putting off my chores, like.. putting this orange peel in the garbage. Possibly showering. O.k. Good night!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Annie....another fabulous blog. I just got called a HO....by a nurse. Good God. HOspitals suck. -S