Monday, September 1, 2008

true talents

so my life has been pretty.. mmmm.. Not fun the last few weeks. Moving... moving.. putting away.... chemistry... moving... putting things away very anal retentively thanks to my mother... For example. I bought a chocolate bar... one of those ridiculously good dark chocolate ones that are like 4 dollars and have raspberries and stuff in them. Anyways, I put the thing in the cupboard unopened. The next day my mom came in the living room and yelled at me for putting it away ' incorrectly,' because you see, even though it hadn't been opened yet it needs to be inside a plastic ziplock bag. I dont know why. you can ask her if you want.

What else happened. My mom asked me to go to Penney's for her. She had bought this dress. ( a denim dress... god only knows why.) Anyways, they had forgotten to take the ink tag off. So she called and they said to just bring it in, even though she didn't have the receipt with. They looked up her credit card number or something to prove she bought it, i don' tknow. Anyways, I went in to the young mens department, where I was supposed to ask for april to take the ink tag off. April is the manager. (still... I worked there like 7 years ago..) Anyways, I was at the stupid counter for 20 minutes because they were like. 'what proof do you have that this came from here? What are we supposed to do?'
I just blatently said. ' Seriously, this is a denim dress... a DENIM dress...maybe it's a jumper.. i don't know. Do I look like i would wear a denim dress? Do I look like I would want to steal this denim dress from the clearance rack? I didnt' think so. My mom bought it and got home and the ink tag is still on. She talked to april who said to bring it in and get the ink tag off. ... ..'
finally someone talked to april and april said that my mom had called and to take the tag off.
Unbelievable. The funniest part was that they could actually think that I was sneakily trying to steal the denim jumper. I try to hide my true love for denim jumpers, every time I pass them I have to hold myself back. Most stores know my face by now and have someone follow me around just so I won't steal the denim jumpers and or dresses.

So when I got back from jcpenney's I decided to watch some trash Tv for a little while. I forgot what show I had been watching, some family lifetime movie and the girl made some comment like, 'we a ll have our own talents that god gave us, and we need to share them with everyone.'

Then I started to think. What the hell is my true talent? It sure as hell isn't being compassionate and or organic chemistry. Which means my life is really sucky right now. Because I am a nurse and in organic chemistry. So what if I try to do things my whole life that aren't my true talents? Am I wasting my life? Are you wasting your life? Like how my sister says she would have made a really good HUC/ aka ward clerk, aka, secretary type person for the nurses/doctors. Is she wasting her true talent by being a doctor? I don't think so. But if that is her true talent does that mean she is wasting her true talent by being a doctor?
Then I started thinking, why should I force myself to have a talent that I suck at? Such as organic chemistry. BUt, if I don't take organic chem I will be a nurse forever... and that will be really crappy. Nursing is not my true talent. It's one of those things you are kind of good at and just do because it's easy. Like how some people think math is really easy and are good at it, but they don't like it. Is God going to be mad at me because I'm just doing something random instead of the actual talent that he gave me? (whatever the hell that is....) So, Then I started making a list of things I like to do, and or could have a talent at. That way I won't be wasting my life and my purpose of sharing my talent. Here are some lists of things I am good at:

typing
holding puppies
drinking diet soda
giving high fives
being dirty
knowing the exact amount of calories and serving size of most foods
breaking things/accident prone
being unorganized
being not on time ever
b.s -ing papers/talking/explanations.
and last but not least, attracting weird disgusting foreign nigerian /jamaican men. Probably my only true talent.


Things I like to do: Exercise, any outside activity, thinking about random things, playing piano, writing blogs to make fun of things and people.

Ultimately, everyone should make a list like this for themselves, and then combine the things from the lists to make a job they enjoy, while using their particular talents. So, my jobs could be:

Go outside and break things. I would be REAlly good at that job. I could attract a weird jamaican man and then BS to him that I love him back and then blog about it later. Or I could make appointments to give people high fives, then I could run or bike to meet then, but then I would probably be late/get injured somehow, and miss the high five. damn.

So you see, these are the things I think about instead of organic chemistry. Today a couple of organically chemical things happened. I put a tupperware in the microwave. I was making brownies and there was some dark chocolate in a little tupperware and I decided I would warm it up a little so I coudl more easily dump it on. I put it in for 25 seconds. That was a poor choice. On the 18th second it suddenly exploded. Like actual flames, and a whole lot of smoke and burning smell. My hair actually smells a lot like it when i waft it in front of my face. It's like I went to a campfire where we burned plastic to a smoldering crisp. I wonder what compound I made in that microwave. Sweet.

oh yeah, and while I was at the mall returning a denim jumper, the dog ate a whole cake I had made the day before. Tisk tisk sofenheimer.

I have an organic chemistry lab tomorrow. = Death. We are supposed to get prepared for the lab so we know what we're doing. There are all these terms for devices.... I don't know what the device look like, or how they work, or what it's name is. It's basically like throwing you in a different country and telling you to make something that will take 3 or 4 hours that will take at least 50 different steps. Oh yes, and you also have no idea how to use anything you have .. or what its' called. (basically, like a different language.) REady... MAke some aspirin!!!
I'm pretty tempted to just go buy some aspirin and crush up a little bit and put in in a baggy to bring to lab so when I F it all up I can just pull out my little baggy and be like.. . voila!!! Aspirin!!! Then I will weigh it to approximately the same weight as other people's yields. Hollllaaa.. Except with my luck I'll probably get pulled over and the cop will be like, what's that crushed up white substance in the baggy? Aspirin? Right..
These are the lab instructions in my language
Take one gram of salicylic acid and stir it with your 2.5 mls of acetic anhydride in a mcdoodle bob, using a dippley moodle. Stir for 15 minutes over a flippy mcflapper with the thingy. Then do the vaccum procedure. (I don't know what the vaccum procedure is... so I looked it up)

These are the instructions: (i pretty much started laughing)

Clamp your filatration flask to a ring stand. Connect the filtration flask with a piece of thick tubing to the water trap. Place the filter adapter on the filtration flask. Set the hirsch funnel on teh filter adapter. Turn on the aspirator water faucet. Open the water valve completely to create the best vacuum. Pout your organic solution into the hirsch funnel. Do not overflow the filtration flask. IF you need to empty the filtration flask, go to step 7, 'emptry the filtrate.' and restart.

I will never overflow the filtration flask because I will never be able to start over. Ever.

Tomorrow should be fun.


Shit.

No comments: