Friday, September 5, 2008

On october 14th, he asked me what day it was....

Today is my official last day of Just school. I start work and school on monday. pooper pants. I have a quiz today in my class as well. We also got this like 6 page assignment yesterday. I'm not used to this kind of school.. where you actually have to think. I'm used to nursing school, where everyone just asks stupid questions and makes comments about things that matter about as much as, shit, i don't know, a banana peel. So what I did in those classes were make extremely detailed schedules about what I should do when I get out of the class. I mean extremely detailed as in by the second/minute. Like, Class gets out 3:50. 3:50:30 pick up backpack and leave class. 3:51:00 walk out door. 3:52:15 walk in the direction of car....


( think you get the point..) I'm not used to coming to class and not being bored out of my mind. I didn't even buy half the books for my nursing career. You just didn't need them. I think I took like 7 different classes on, 'how to talk to people.' What's funny is that most of the kids thought those classes were really hard. Everyone in nursing is super anal and would argue their answers to the death. For example, this is what they would arguein a question:

1.) Mr jones has just died, his wife is crying at the side of the bed. What would you say to her?
(there was usually a funny answer so I would randomly laugh when we took tests.... nobody else must have thought these were funny....)

a.) Did he leave you the house?
b.) I'm so sorry for your loss.
c.) I know EXactly how you feel.

The answer would be b. because you never say you know how they feel. I didnt' buy the book but the teacher said that every 4 seconds in the class. So even when I was doodling and not paying attention, I'd get the right answer. At least 15 questions on each test would have the choice of 'I know how you feel.' And you dont' choose those answers. It's a pretty simple concept. Don't pick the joke answers, and don't pick I know how you feel. Automatic A in the class. However, say there were 130 questions on the test. The people in my class would argue at least half of these. Even if their answer was out of the question. It was like, maybe if I complain enough and try to convince her that my ridiculous answer is the right one, or that part of the question was worded in a weird way, I'll get my one point back. There were so many times I just wanted to stand up and say, ' suck it up bitches, lets move on.' She probably would have docked a point from my test then,,.. and you know, i'd have to argue it.
There were a few hard classes, the more fun classes like fluids and electrolyte balancing... but everyone didnt' get it. So we'd go at snails pace and she'd spend 2 weeks talking about the same concept. So even the hard classes got dummed down. Then I'd get bored with what we were doing in that class as well. So in summary, it's nice to have a class where I dont' get bored because we go at a normal pace and he assumes we aren't all idiots. People don't argue their questions, they just get them wrong and accept it. IT's pretty much amazing. What else is amazing is there is a really cute boy in my class that I just happen to sit next to. Except he's normal, so he probably won't like me back, however the first week of class I couldn't 'remember' how to find out how many valence electrons were in things. So I asked him. Then he said, 'umm... yeah.. I think I remember that. hold on.' Then he was searcing through his notes. Like 2 minutes later he said, ' Okay, I remember now, you do it like this,' And then he showed me how to do it. In 2 different examples. (hollllaaa)
Then the next day I dropped myp en on the floor.... and he picked it up for me. Then I said thanks. He was like,' It's no problem.'

Then the next day I asked him how to do something else and he was pointing at something in my notes and he touched my arm. Then I moved my arm and said, 'sorry' and he said, 'it's okay.'

Then the next day he asked me if I understood the shapes of the molecules and I said,' do you know who you're talking to?' then we both laughed.

then the next day, (yesterday) we got out assignments that were super long. He asked,' Did you do good on the last assignment? you seem to know what you're doing.' and I said, ' I don't know.. we didnt' get them back yet..' Then I said, 'Do you want to work on this one togethor?' And he said,' yeah, that'd be great.'
Yay!!!!!!!! I have a new friend!!!!!! ( a new hot friend) I'll have to ask today when he wants to do the assignment.
All of this reminds me on the stuff from mean girls, (if anyone has ever seen that movie.) I hope he invites me to his halloween party. I don't know any of the 'plastics' so they can't sabotage my plan. schweeeeet. That's all for now. Gonna go learn stuff.

1 comment:

turs said...

so mean girls! love it! holler!