Saturday, April 26, 2008

why is it snowing? I'm pissed.

I'm pissed. April this year is a giant wang. It's pretty cool that the weekends I have off, it blizzards.. both times. That's not correct grammar, but I think you get the point. Anywho, I have been looking at other jobs online. I will probably not leave mine until after the summer, but I'm pretty sure the Air-Force won't accept my ICU work at brainerd. They want real ICU experience. So now I'm thinking whether or not I should do the Air Force at all... because after I switch jobs and then work at that ICU for a year... it will be 2 years from now.. then I have a four year commitment if I join the Air Force. I'll have to give this some more thought.
I started looking at jobs online. North Memorial has I think 13 different ICU positions open... as well as ER positions.. and Trauma Team positions. That would be amazing. I just want to be a float nurse between them all. I was also thinking that if I go on to school I could be a wound care nurse. I enjoy pus and oozing disgusting things... and picking skin. That's mostly what wound care nurses do. Amazing. That would be ridiculously awesome. I was also thinking that I could bring some more money typing up dictations. I can type 103 wpm, and I know they have a lot of typists that just work at home. I could do part-time and just work from 8-12 a couple days a week, then go to my regular job. I could probably just go to caribou and type up a bunch of dictations real quick, then go work out and go to work. AMazing. I am a genius. It would be even cooler if I could type up the dictations for ICU and Tele, that way I would know what's going on with my patients before I even got to work. Holllaaaaa.
I'm going to go and see if there are any positions open online . Schweet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Annie,
We think you should come to the cities!