Sunday, April 20, 2008

my manager is a poop hole

My manager keeps switching my schedule... you know.. only 2-3 days in advance. So basically if I don't check my schedule all of the time I will either be at work when I'm not supposed to be, or not be at work when I am supposed to be. (which is much more likely being I am currently working overtime..) She told me she changed my schedule around on wednesday... but I thought she meant the schedule that just came out, not the current one. She definitely meant the current one, And also the next one. Good thing I called staffing that following Friday, because they told me the lovely news that I had to be at work in 4 hours. Which was even more of a hassle because I was in Deer River at the time. Jerk manager. Maybe I should change her 8-4pm mon-thursday schedule around. What a dick.
Work wasn't very fun either. I sat with a one to one on the surgical floor, (2nd floor.) I have no idea when he was a one to one. Apparently he had woken up on nights and was confused. But he's 89 years old, and when you wake up in a dark room in a foreign place and don't know where you are for 5 minutes I would call that normal. I basically sat in his room with him while he slept. I had to give him a bunch of blood, and platelets, and plasma. Then respiratory therapy came in to give him a neb and they sat him up too fast and he projectile vomited all over. Everything. Me. The respiratory therapist, the bed, the equipment, his plasma... etc. you get the point. His projectile vomiting wasn't like a stream, it was like a fountain. It was really annoying because I gave him his blue vomiting bag as soon as he looked like he was going to throw up, and he holds it 10 inches from his face. That'll do a whole lot of good. I guess it did catch about 3 inches of the fountain spray. Then he was really angry the whole time. ' Leave me the hell alone!' Sorry asshole, I'm just trying to change your gown which is full of vomit. Would you rather have me just leave it? My bad. Then every time I hung a new blood product he would get really angry at me. DUde, you were the one that decided to crawl out of your wheel chair.. even though you dont' have legs, and you broke your hip. I'm just making it possible for you to go to surgery and get this fixed. It's cool though, you can yell and swear at me. It's not like he had to even do anything. He just lays there and lets it run through his IV. Apparently that's a ton of work and he's pissed about it. He either was sleeping, or angry. No nice medium.
Saturday however, was a little better. It was a busy crappy shift... I had to transfer a guy to st cloud, discharge a lady, one of my patients started circling the drain so I had to transfer him to ICu, then I got 2 admits. However... Admit boy brought them!!! Weeee! He's amazing. Brown hair smiley face mcgee. It doesn't matter if the patient he's bringing me is insane, because he's amazing. I actually talked to him. I said, Hi!. Then he said, Hi Annie. (he knows my name! WHat??? Hollaaaa) Then I took the patients stuff and while she was walking onto the scale I was all.... 'How's the ER?' and then he said, 'Busy.' WOah. I think that was probably one of our longest conversations yet. Seriously.
Then on Sunday, he brought up another patient. This really cute 90 year old lady. We put her in the bed and as soon as we both left the room she puts her call light on, so we walked back in thinking we would both need to bring her to the bathroom. Then she just says, ' Do you guys hear that beeping noise? What is that?' Ummm.... that's just your call light, you know, the one you turned on. haha. hilarious. I loved her. We explained it to her and she just goes... OOhhh! That was dumb of me.' Then he was gathering the stuff to leave, and I said, 'Thanks for the sweet patient!' He was like, ' No problem, there's more where that came from.'
Amazing. He is amazing. Except Jera this other girl that came on for night shift saw him leaving with the patient's cart to go back down to ER. After he left she said, ' Gosh, my sister met him the other day. She is convinced she is going to marry him.'
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I'll kill her.
Then she continues on.
'He is just such a nice guy.'
I know. pbbbbbbb............. How depressing. There are probably 5,000 other people that like him too.. he could also have a girlfriend for all I know. As soon as I realize I have any competition I usually just give up. Which I planned on doing. (not that I had really tried.... I basically see him when he brings me patients...) Everyone I work with knows that I think he's cute and everyone always talks about it when I'm gone, and how they should 'hook us up.' Shannon, this lady I work with was like, 'LEts call ER and get his number!.' Then she picks up the phone like she's going to dial. It was funny. (She was obviously joking...) Then they all tell me they know all these people they can 'hook me up with.' Sorry guys, they aren't admit boy.
Nothing will ever happen of this, but oh well . At least sometimes I can see someone besides a middle aged woman when I get new patients. That's all for now.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

HI Annie.
1. Your manager is a poop hole.
2. Why in God's name do they have an RN working a 1:1 ?!?!?!??!#$!@#?!@ Dude Brainerd likes to spend $$$.
3. Go For Him. Admit boy. Admit yourself to the ER or soemthing. :)

Julia LOVES her present. We may try to let him swim around in the bathtub or something until the spring pool can come out to visit.

Sarah said...

Hi Doo.

Turns out that Julia got a swimming frog from Annamieke...and I thought it was from you. Mike said she never opened your present...and with a little investigating, turns out that Mom and Dad took it back to St. cloud with them. I thought I remembered you saying it was a fish...not a frog....so pardon my confusion. I am usually in some state of confusion anyways, so no surprise there. Hope all is well.