Thursday, November 15, 2007

I suck

That's exactly what my dishwasher should be saying right now. Because it does. You know, I never have in my life ever seen a good dishwasher. I used mine for the first time today, I put a good amount of soap in and put it on the heavy duty setting. An hour later I went to go take the dishes out and half of them weren't clean. what a pile. The only way the dishes do get clean, is if first, you wash them off yourself and them put them in. By the time you actually put them in the dishwasher they are pretty much clean. If you just spent the extra 7 seconds washing the dish, there would be no reason to load or unload the dishwasher.
At first, I thought dishwashers would work pretty well. I thought they worked like washing machines. Put the dishes in, shut it, and it fills with water and soap and swirls it around till they're clean, then empties the dirty water, then re-fills with nice rinsing water to rinse. Then last year, my roomate Becca opened the dishwasher in the middle of the cycle. I was all like, 'STOPP!!' but then after she opened it and took out the bowl she wanted and shut the door ( and stopped laughing..) I realized the dishwasher does not actually fill with water. Becca informed me it just sprays the dishes with water.
That's it? It sprays the dishes with water? Where's the friction? How do they get clean? is this a joke!?
In other words, the dishwasher does nothing. People just think it does something because it squirts around really hot water and when they open the door all this steam comes out, so by default they must think the dishes are clean. Wrong. I was real pissed when I emptied mine, then re-washed half of the dishes because the looked exactly the same as when I put them in.
If people bought plastic dishes, they could just put them in the tub and fill the tub with soapy water and then just get a stick and stir them around for a while. Then turn the shower part on and rinse them off. Genius. that is much more effective. Or, if you had plastic dishes you could put them in the washing machine. That would also work much better. What if washing machines were like dish washers? You put your clothes in, and they just get sprayed with hot water? We'd all be walking around with crap dried to our clothes.
Worse yet, what if car washes worked like dishwashers? You pay 8 dollars to have some hot water sprayed on your car. Then streaks are left on the windows when you're done. (Unless you pay the extra money for the whatever it is you pay for to make your glass have no streaks..) We all know what that would be. Shitty. Which is exactly what dishwashers are.
Just thought I'd write about this particular topic, being I was pretty pissed when I opened mine and saw the results. It doesn't even get a satisfactory rating. Boooo.

1 comment:

gastricbypassisthewayforme said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. our dishwasher is exactly the same and taylor yells at me for not washing the dishes with soap and water before putting htem in the shitty dishwasher that is just a waste of water and time.